You access the “Meeting Agenda” section by using the drop-down menu under the “Select a Module” section of the administrative dashboard. Creating meeting agendas is a very detailed process, so please read through every section to ensure you have all the knowledge necessary to create agendas for the members.
1. When you open the “Meeting Agendas” modules, you are presented with the “Global Settings.” You can set the settings for the agendas based on your club’s needs. You will also need to set the recipient of emails of agenda notifications, since someone must be responsible for managing these agendas.
DEFAULT MEETING DESCRIPTION
1. The default meeting description (or agenda header) is automatically added every time a new agenda is sent out via email to members. This is a standard edit window, as seen in many other parts of the admin panel. You can add text and images.
UNDERSTANDING AGENDA BUTTONS
1. There are many buttons in the “Meeting Agenda” section. Here is a breakdown of what they all mean (courtesy of http://support.toastmastersclubs.org)
1. Define one or more default agendas for the club. The template can be built from scratch, or modified from another agenda which has been saved as a template. If your club is happy with one of the defaults provided, you don’t need to define any additional agenda templates.
2. To create a new template, click on the + button.
3. Give your new template a name, such as “Regular Meeting” or “Contest Schedule.” This way, you can easily retrieve it at a later date. You should also give the agenda a start and end time, so members know when the meeting starts. Click on Save before you start editing the agenda.
SAVE EXISTING AGENDA AS NEW TEMPLATE
1. Go to the agenda you want to use as a template.
2. Click on the pencil button to open it for editing.
3. Click on the Save as Template button. This will save a copy of the agenda as it is now, but without names in any of the roles.
EDITING AN AGENDA
1. To edit an agenda, click on the pencil icon in the row of icons near the top of the agenda window. The edit agenda area has three tabs: Agenda Setup, Meeting Description and Meeting Agenda Items.
2. This contains a standard edit window as seen in many other parts of the admin panel. The agenda header appears across the top of the agenda when displayed on the site, when emailed and when printed. Usually, a default has already been set up. You may want to add a theme name and/or additional graphics.
3. To edit a role, click on the “pencil” for the chosen role.
4. You will be shown the Add/Edit Item area at the bottom of the panel, with the role details in it. Here, you can add the expectations of the role, the timing of the role, and manage who is allowed to sign up.
ADD NEW ROLE TO AGENDA
1. To create a new role, go to the bottom of the page to the Add/Edit Role area. Add the name of the role to the role title field.
2. Add a description if desired. Set the role type as described above. Define the duration and click “Save.”
3. Move the new role to the correct position in the agenda. To move the role, simply hold the mouse button down and then drag the role up or down.
HOW MEMBERS USE AGENDA
1. Members must be signed into the club website to sign up for roles. Members must click on the “Sign Up” button to claim the role for the upcoming meeting.
2. To delete a person from a role, simply click on the X next to the name.
3. To sign up for a speech or educational, please fill out the details to help the Toastmaster with the proper speech introduction.