You access the “File Manager” section by using the drop-down menu under the “Select a Module” section of the administrative dashboard. The File Manager is the place where you upload documents that your members can download. Examples include meeting minutes, personal progress documents, financial statements from the club and newsletters. This file manager is not the same as the image library!
UPLOADING FILES TO FILE MANAGER
1. To upload a file to your file manager, simply click on the “Select File To Upload” button. A window will open where you can select the document. You need to know where to locate the document on your computer.
REFRESH DOCUMENT LIST
1. After you have uploaded the document, you need to hit the “Refresh” button. This will finalize the uploading process. Remember the file name of the document you have uploaded, as it will disappear from the top of the list. It will be placed in alphabetical order based on the previous documents you have uploaded. Scroll down until you have found your document.
FIND DOCUMENT ICON
1. When you have found your document, locate the icon on the left-hand side. This icon will show you whether you have uploaded a PDF document or a Word Processing document. Click on the icon.
GET THE LINK
1. When you click on the icon, a pop-up window will appear. Here, you can get all of the information regarding the document, including the direct link to the document in the file manager. Highlight the link, right-click on your mouse and click “Copy.”
1. Find the page where you want to use the link. For example, if you have uploaded a new newsletter into the file manager, you should find your custom page for your club’s newsletters.
2. On the custom page, find the link button. It is in the second row, on the right-hand side. Hover your mouse over each button if you are unsure of where it is.
1. Highlight the picture you want to use for the link. Click on the link icon and a pop-up window will appear. Here, you paste the link and click “Ok.”
2. Save the custom page. When members click on the Newsletter image, a copy of the newsletter will now download onto their computers, coming directly from the file manager.
1. If you need to delete a file from the file manager, simply locate the document and click on the trashcan on the right-hand side of the window. If you delete the document, there is no way to retrieve it. You will have to upload it again from your computer.