There are certain pages that come with the Free Toast Host platform, but that doesn’t mean you are restricted to these pages. You can add custom pages that you design yourself to give you members and non-members all of the resources they need to become great Toastmasters. You access this “Custom Web Pages” section by choosing this module in the drop-down menu in the administrator panel.
ADD NEW CUSTOM PAGE
1. When you click into the “Custom Web Pages” section, you are presented with the image below. You can start creating the custom page by adding text, pictures and links. To make the window larger, drag the small arrow in the bottom of the editing window, close to where it shows your word count.
2. Choose a title for your page. This can be “Monthly Newsletters,” for example. This is how the page will appear in the menu.
3. Place the location of this new page. You can now customize the order of the pages in your menus.
EDIT CUSTOM PAGES
1. If you want to edit a previously created custom page, simply choose the page from the drop-down menu.
2. Edit the page and remember to click “Save” before closing the window.
CUSTOM PAGE SETUP
1. When you are done creating your custom page from section 1 of this page, you must fill out some information information about the page. You need to give this page a name, such as “Advanced Manuals,” for example, if the page is an introduction to the manuals Toastmasters can get after they are done their CC manual. This is for the URL name.
2. A web page description is important for people searching the internet for this kind of information. An example can be “Here is a breakdown of the Advanced Manuals that Toastmasters offer.”
3. The keywords go back to what the person would search on the internet to find this page. The words “Toastmasters,” “Clubs,” city name, province/state, and “Advanced manuals” may be ideal in this on-going example.
4. Web page reference notes are just notes for your own reference.
5. Select the access level for this custom page. You can set it as public and it will appear in the main menu for both members and non-members. You can also set it as “members only,” which could include content such as members’ progress and goals. You can also list “Officers Only Access,” which can include “Financial Reports” or “Executive Meeting Minutes.”